Sunday, January 6, 2019

We Learn By Doing

Hi, I’m Jim. I love books, comics, movies, and drawing. I love storytelling in general. I also love to write, but I don’t do enough of it. One of my goals is to write more. I don’t just want to write more though, I want to get better at it. We’ll see.

My mind has been on the craft of writing lately. Reading interviews with authors and reading books on writing. I bought a new device which makes it easier to write on the go. I managed to write a short story. This blog is the next step. I’ll be writing about my interests and my experiences. I’ll also be writing about the stories and authors that speak to me.

One of my favorite movies is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. In one of the early scenes Kirk advises a character that “we learn by doing.” It’s a small scene but it has stuck with me for a long time. It came to mind as I was thinking about starting a writing blog. So here I am. I’ll be writing here and hopefully I’ll be learning something.

Next: My Struggles With Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I Read in March 2024

  Sword & sorcery, two Irish authors, a book on writing, and a comic book this month.  The Hour of the Dragon by Robert E. Howard (Berk...